This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Visit Anaheim. All opinions are 100% my own.
One of my favorite things about being based in San Francisco is the short flight proximity to so many different adventures!
A 90-minute flight in any direction can transport you to the welcoming waters of sunny soCal, the earthy green forests of Oregon or the dry, deep deserts of Nevada, on any given weekend.
Anaheim had been on my west coast bucket list for quite some time to check out the original Disneyland, but when I finally made it down south to visit my friend AP this Thanksgiving, little did I know how much else there would be to explore.
Did you know that Anaheim is the home to Sunkist’s original citrus packing house? And an equally delicious and charitable fine dining restaurant run by CNN’s Hero of the Year — set in a historical registry landmark home?
Truthfully neither did I, so I’m glad I finally set aside a weekend to go find out!
From our own weekend itinerary and the recommendations of several locals about town, here are the best ways to spend a girls’ weekend in Anaheim:
1- Uncovering Foodieville
Whether you and your bestie prefer gourmet treats or traditional staples, Anaheim has a surprising variety of options packed within a short distance around town.
- Anaheim Packing House – 25+ Gourmet Vendors who have happily inhabited Sunkist’s old home in the most charming way
- Anaheim White House – Delectable high-end dining set in a historical building with a cause – Chef Bruno feeds more than 1600 local motel children in need per night with the proceeds (Can’t recommend this place enough)
- Teatro Dinner Martini Cabaret – Variety show for a theatrical dinner escape
- Oyster Bar @ ARTIC – Think fresh oysters inside of a Kaleidoscope which is actually a train station – also one of the most “Instagrammable” spots in town! (BART, take notes…)
- Pour Vida – It wouldn’t be soCal without a taco shoutout. You knew this was coming ;)
2- Brews About Town
Craft beer production is up almost 200% throughout the states in the past few years, and the City of Anaheim has clearly taken note.
With more than 10 new craft beer makers opening up this year alone, their mission to becoming Orange County’s “Brew City” is known, and makes for several great spots to catch up on girl talk.
- Bottle Logic – Seasonal brews in a trendy setting, with daily food trucks to match
- Anaheim Brewery – Beer garden with strong notes of history – recently back after 90 years of being shut down from Prohibition
- Backstreet – The place to be before an Angel’s game, or to play your own on the lawn
- Noble Ale Works – The sports lover’s spot – and the World Beer Cup’s “Best Small Brewery” 2016
3- Fun + Games
Highlighted by one of the world’s most popular theme parks, of course the place boasts more “attraction activities” than your average town!
- Cross Roads Escape Room – Think Alice in Wonderland meets Zelda, in real life, with a dash of awesome
- Bumper Cars at K1 – Bump around
- SwingIt Trapeze – Release your inner cirque de vixen
- Flight Deck 1 – Flight simulator! Who said jets were for boys?
Disneyland and California Adventures – I mean, duh
4- Local’s Corner
Saving the best for last, Anaheim is sprinkled with tons of creative artisans and budding small business talents — to shop ‘till you drop or get inspired for your next girls’ day “create-date.”
- Makers Craft Co – Weekly pop-up crafting workshops at the Anaheim Packing House
- Gypsy Den Coffee + Tea – A cozy eatery full of local charm (and handsome musicians)
- Oak Canyon Nature Center – Hikes on hikes to clear the air
- Community – The sweetest little aisle of artisan small businesses – arts, crafts, and handmade goodness
Be sure to check out Visit Anaheim on Instagram for the most updated spots to check out on your trip.
Pin for later: